- 30 Minute Response Time
- Non-destructive Emergency Entry
- 24/7 Emergency Call Out
- Checked & Vetted Locksmith
Our local company offers service for repair of doors made of metal, uPVC and wood. We’ve got you covered, be it an exterior, interior, garage or patio door. Also, we offer window repairs, lock repairs and burglary repairs. If you are a business owner, you can benefit from our automatic door lock installation services. In addition, we provide services for the installation of windows security grilles that can protect your business.
All work is carried out only with the customer’s consent. Our door repairs company has an impeccable track record. Each member of our repair service is highly trained and has all the necessary tools for any type of door repairs. Your call is very important for us; we offer an individual approach to solving door related emergencies. You can find the information about door repairs on this website; give us a call for all the details. The specialist can arrive at any place in Leeds within 20 minutes. Our company has over 15 years of experience in door repairs.
CONTACT DOOR REPAIR ENGINEERS IN YOUR AREA
Door locks are the first line of defence against intruders. A damaged door compromises the security of your home, increasing the chance of a break in success. If required, door repairs should be carried out immediately. We can be reached by phone if you have any questions. Door repairs order can be placed through the website; our team members will get back to you in a matter of seconds. Call us for a free consultation and schedule an appointment. The services of door repair engineers are available around the clock. Our service prices are among the most competitive in Leeds.
LOCK, WINDOW & DOOR REPAIR SERVICES IN LEEDS
The cost of repair work can be higher if you try to save on professional door repair services. By trying to fix the uPVC door on your own, you could cause damage to double glazing, handles and hinges. Door repair needs to be performed by engineers with extensive experience to assure job quality. The properties of aluminium and uPVC door models require careful handling during their repairs. After independent attempts to solve problems, you may need to change door closers, replace automatic systems, repair holes, polish wood, etc. For the best experience, it is highly recommended you turn to the engineers of door repair service. Our local team works 24/7, assisting customers with lock, window and door repairs.
PROS AND CONS OF DIFFERENT DOORS
Every consumer can install any door in his home. There are many metal, plastic and wooden models on the door market. At your service, both simple options and elite solutions. All door types have their pros and cons. The main task of the front door is to protect the premises from unauthorized entry, so it must come with reliable door hardware. No patio is complete without a good patio door. If you want to avoid frequent patio door repairs, you should consult with a specialist before purchasing your door. Even though patio door repairs are not expensive, they still can be a reason for a headache. Most people don’t have the luxury of time to deal with patio door breakdowns on a constant basis.
An entrance metal door for your home should be chosen, taking into account many factors. First of all, you should evaluate the reliability of the door structure and locks. The operating conditions of the door are also very important. Lastly, the door must appeal to you visually and match the overall design of your house.
The base of a metal door can be made of aluminium or steel. Steel significantly surpasses aluminium in terms of strength, noise and heat insulation. The advantage of aluminium doors is their lightness, which greatly facilitates delivery and installation. Aluminium is easier to process, allowing for a wide variety of door designs. It is virtually maintenance free and often used for business premises. Installation costs of aluminium doors tend to be less compared to doors made of wood.
- Good wear resistance – service life is about 10 years.
- High protective characteristics – it is quite difficult to crack such doors. The burglary resistance increases with the correct door lock choice.
- Fire resistance.
- Rarely requires repair work.
- Not susceptible to deformation.
- Costly repair.
- Formation of mechanical damage that affects the appearance of the door.
- Corrosion formation – rust may appear over time due to cracks and chips, even if the door has an anti-corrosion coating.
- High prices of automatic door locks.
- Door repairs require special equipment.
- Very sensitive to environmental temperature changes.
As a rule, no one undertakes to repair a metal door on their own – special door repairs service is required. The arrival of door repair engineers, delivery of spare door parts and repair work itself all take time, so it is better to call door repair services in advance. Our door repairs company will process your call immediately and send the nearest available specialist. If you need to change your existing locks to automatic devices, we carry a large selection of models that will meet your cost and security requirements. All repair work will be completed in the shortest possible time.
uPVC DOOR WITH DOUBLE GLAZING
Plastic doors have air chambers equipped with stiffeners. The door frame consists of a profile reinforced with steel. Special automatic door closers can be used depending on the dimensions of the structure. The product can have several varieties such as sliding, swing and folding models. These solutions are perfect for mounting into walls of almost any type: brick, stone, timber, etc.
- Durability – subject to the rules for using the product, you won’t need a door repair or replacement for many years.
- Simplicity of care – the entrance plastic doors are not as strongly affected by external environmental factors as other materials.
- Excellent sound/thermal insulation – such doors protect not only from the outside noise but also from dust, cold and heat loss. For maximum effect, experts recommend purchasing door models with double glazing.
- Insufficient environmental friendliness.
- Inappropriateness in luxury homes.
- Plastic structures can sag over time, requiring door repairs.
Nowadays, owners of houses and apartments rarely use wooden doors. Nevertheless, these products are still in demand. Such door models have many positive properties and are still able to compete with modern metal doors. But we also must not forget about the disadvantages of wooden entrance doors.
- Highest insulating properties – in terms of heat and sound insulation, wooden entrance doors are significantly superior to metal models.
- Appearance – nothing can replace the natural texture of wood.
- Suitability for door repairs – wooden products can be sanded, varnished, painted and so on.
- Durability – if handled correctly, your front door will last 20–25 years.
- Low moisture resistance – wood can deteriorate due to constant exposure to moisture. It must be especially well protected from water.
- Shrinkage and expansion due to changes in humidity.
- Beetle grinders can be a real disaster – the door material must be carefully processed, dried and covered with at least three layers of varnish.
- Flammability – doors are usually coated with special solutions to increase fire safety.
- High price – manufacturers are trying to reduce costs by offering customers door models made from glued panels.